Who we are
Our website address is: https://e-baos.org.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
for the members of the Balkan Association of Orthodontic Specialists
Last updated May 2018
How we use your personal information
We use personal information in order to promote and provide BAOS products and services (including the BAOS Congress), to ensure the security of our websites, and to run our business. We have set out in Appendix I more information on the categories of personal information that we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal basis which permits us to do this, and the types of partners/organisations with whom we share your personal information. In some cases where we ask for your personal information, we do so in order for us to fulfil your request or order (e.g. to register you as a member of BAOS). If you do not provide that personal information we will not be able to process this request or order.
Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Storing your personal information
Your personal information may be stored and processed outside of the country where it is collected. We will only keep records of your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records. If you cease to be a member of BAOS and inform us of this, your data will be deleted. We respect requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. This includes keeping a record of your request indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
List of cookies we use at our website e-baos.org
| Cookie Name
||Served by||Description||Expiration Time
|_ga||e-baos.org||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gat||e-baos.org||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named
|_gid||e-baos.org||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
The data controller for our websites, products and services is located at the Department of Orthodontics, University Campus, 54124, Thessaloniki, Greece. However, data controllers are also all the Affiliate Member Societies to BAOS and you could contact your local Affiliate Society for information.
What information does BAOS collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you attend BAOS or local Orthodontic Congresses or when your local Society asks for your data in order to provide them to BAOS.
This information includes or may include the following:
- Your full name
- Your residential or business address, email address, and fax/phone number
- Year of birth
- Payment history and year of joining
- Your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our websites
- Records of your use of BAOS services
How does BAOS use your information?
We use your information as follows:
-Storing and analysing your information in order to
- Review your membership status
- Payment services
- Contacting you with information about changes to services
- Liaising with the congress organisers who are responsible for the annual congress so that members can be invited to this meeting
- Managing competitions/awards
- Fulfilling services/orders
- Letting you know about BAOS products and services by post, email, and phone
- Providing targeted advertising for other BAOS products and services that we think may be of interest to you
How will BAOS share your information?
We share your personal details:
- Within BAOS Affiliate Member Societies and with group companies (including the organisers of the annual BAOS congress), which are involved in carrying out the processing described above
- With third party service providers who process your information on BAOS’s behalf for the purposes above – such as payment processors, or fulfilment houses
- With third parties, which are identified as co-promoters of competitions/awards that you enter
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary to in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of the BAOS, our employees, our commercial partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law
How will Affiliate Member Societies to BAOS contact you and share your information?
Except for all the above contacting and sharing policies of BAOS, you may be contacted by the Affiliate Member Societies regarding the Annual Congress of BAOS.
Affiliate Member Societies will not contact members of BAOS for other local meetings, events, courses or congresses, which are not related to BAOS.